Business Development Engineer - Stone
To express an interest in this position, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and CV, quoting the job reference number.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We are currently working with only our preferred suppliers.
Summary of Role:
Part of the Imtech Group, Capula is a leading advanced automation and real-time business intelligence company specialising in Automation, Control, IT Solutions and Services with major customers in the Nuclear, Power Generation, Utilities and Transmission markets. The Company is renowned for its innovation, technical excellence, project delivery, quality and safety.
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic and experienced proposals engineer to join our Tendering team. Day-to-day activities of the Bid Support function depends on the specific sales opportunities and their lifecycle. This includes supporting or providing the bid lead role and supporting the Business Development Manager on the opportunity. This will include sales strategy; completing pre-qualification or proposal documentation; identifying, designing (architecting) and detailing solutions to address client needs; preparing cost estimate information including third parties; and answering client questions. The ability to interpret the client’s requirements, produce subcontract specification requirements and identifying suitable subcontract suppliers when required would be useful. A reasonable amount of travel to customer or supplier sites is expected, either attending with the relevant sales lead, other BDEs or on your own.
A successful candidate shall be technically knowledgeable and experienced from either a software or hardware background in a solution delivery or sales environment.
- Working with the Business Development Managers (BDMs) to provide technical support, system architectures, cost estimates, etc and ensuring compliance to internal bid governance rules and procedures.
- Specialising in one of Capula’s particular business sector(s) based on your experience and knowledge; however you may also get the opportunity to work across all the business sectors as part of the team.
- Support the BDMs through meetings with our clients to understand their needs and demonstrate Systems Integration market/technical expertise as part of a bid process.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with automation technology providers to understand the latest technologies and to ensure compliant deliverable solutions are developed.
- Carry out surveys on client sites as required to identify scope, scale, implementation philosophies, etc
- Produce subcontract specifications (MCC’s, E & I installation, etc), in liaison with procurement, for providers to quote against and reviewing their tender returns for compliance and value.
- Produce detailed proposal documents that are well structured, contain the main selling messages and differentiators that give Capula the edge over our competitors.
- Potential involvement in research and development activities related to specific propositions and solutions. This also includes maintaining strong relationships with Alliance partners.
- An automation Software or Hardware engineering background with a good understanding of the engineering processes used in the development and execution of successful automation solutions.
- A natural curiosity to learn new technologies and solutions
- Experience in effective time management and flexibility to meet tight deadlines
- System Architecture skills
- Knowledge of industrial processes
- MCC/LV switchboard knowledge
- Cable installation
- Site experience
- Experience of delivering projects
- Capable of working on own initiative
- Ability to work to deadlines and to manage time efficiently
- Good communications skills
- Have a naturally positive can do attitude to solving client solution issues