Inspection & Test Engineer - Stone
To express an interest in this position, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and CV, quoting the job reference number.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We are currently working with only our preferred suppliers.
Capula, part of Imtech UK, is a leading advanced automation and real-time business intelligence company specialising in Automation, Control and IT Solutions and Services with major customers in the Nuclear, Power Generation, Utilities and Oil & Gas markets. The Company is renowned for its innovation, technical excellence, project delivery, quality and safety.
To join our existing team in inspecting and testing the electrical cubicles that the Company assembles. It may also include going to site to install, test and commission the work.
The key activities will involve following test methods and using project documentation to robustly inspect, test and record results for a mix of technologies.
Key test methods include:
- Point to point wiring checks
- LVD electrical safety checks (Flash test, insulation resistance and earth bond)
- Power up, fusing and functionality checks
Key Technologies include:
- Protection & Control based automation panels (PLC/RTU/Protection Relays/etc).
- IT cubicles which may contain computing and networking equipment
- Peripheral equipment including printers, scanners etc.
This role requires someone who is able to work independently following appropriate training and experience of the company processes. The role also includes some customer acceptance testing. All necessary technical training will be given as well as specific Health and Safety related training where appropriate.
The ideal candidate will be experienced and competent in testing wired assemblies up to full cubicles:
- Will have worked within an ISO 9001 compliant quality system
- Will be proficient in the use of electronic multi-meters and other test equipment
- Able to read and interpret circuit diagrams, general assembly prints, wiring schedules and parts lists
- Able to understand and implement test procedures and instructions
- Able to inspect cubicles in line with Company standards.
- Able to maintain/complete test documentation and reports
- Current driving licence
- Willingness and ability to attend at customer sites to install, test and commission equipment
- The ability to work towards SC Clearance
Applicants should possess a nationally recognised technical qualification in an Electrical/Electronic discipline, e.g HNC/HND, 17th Edn C&G2382 & Inspection & Test C&G2394/2395, completed a modern apprenticeship or similar, and have strong practical skills gained through experience.
Candidates should possess the following personal qualities:
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Have good communication skills
- Be flexible in their methods of working