IT Manager - Stone
To express an interest in this position, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and CV, quoting the job reference number.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We are currently working with only our preferred suppliers.
Summary of the Role
The IT Function is critical in providing support to Delivery staff and back office functions and currently has:
- A Wide Area Network covering 5 sites, a number of which have local services, circa 280 users
- Windows 2012R2 domain & Exchange 2010, Skype for Business, SharePoint 2016, Vmware ESXi
- Clients with Windows 10/7/XP running MS Office 2013, MS Visio, MS Project and Auto CAD LT and Electrical, Primavera P6
- Dell server and desktop hardware, including EqualLogic and Compellent SAN
- Quest Appasure backup and recovery suite
- Infoflow ERP
- Sophos AV and endpoint security, Mimecast
- NEC Phone system with Analogue/Digital/VOIP Devices, HP network/switches
- Sophos UTM & VPN
- Responsible for identifying, developing and implementing an IT strategy for the business.
- To advise on new technologies and direction, and provide technical input into the development of the business infrastructure/systems as a critical part of the business
- Responsible for managing, maintaining and improving the existing IT systems and communications in accordance with Capula’s policies and procedures.
- Accountability for the IT operations and infrastructure of the Company and provide an effective IT service that underpins the day-to-day support and also future growth plans of the business.
- Accountable for the delivery of all central IT services
- Supporting the Operations Director by proactively planning and delivering IT resources to support the delivery of projects.
- Leadership and development of the IT staff to achieve effective and timely delivery of services
- Define and implement structured IT policies, procedures & processes which are fit for the business.
- Business IT strategy development and implementation
- Management of IT Department and team or a 1st through to 3rd line support team
- Track record of delivering IT projects on time, within budget and to specification
- Hands-on experience of IT systems as a consultant level
- Management of 3rd party supplier relationships
- Network Management & Firewall administration
- Windows Active Directory, DHCP, DNS and group policies
- Detailed knowledge of Windows Operating System & Desktop Support, including ITIL V3
- Flexibility to work out of normal hours during upgrades and emergencies
- Ability to be security cleared for work on national infrastructure
- Understanding of Security practices including ISO 27001 and IEC 62443
- Manage and maintaining current security certifications for the business including Cyber Essentials plus
- Microsoft Certification
- MOD crypto custodian qualifications