Lead Software Engineer
To express an interest in this position, e-mail email@example.com with a cover letter and CV, quoting the job reference number.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We are currently working with only our preferred suppliers.
Summary of Role:
We currently have a vacancy for a Lead Software Engineer with a minimum of 6 years’ experience. The successful candidate will be joining a team engaged upon market-leading software development for business-critical IT applications. The candidate should have proven experience with platform development with solutions such as Thingworx, OSIsoft PI or other Real Time Data Historian. Knowledge of languages such as Java, C#, C++, ASP and the .Net environment or similar, will provide an excellent foundation for learning to use customer specific software tools. Other languages and toolsets such as those listed are also regularly deployed for additional work on plug-ins, interfaces, etc.
This role is based at our office in Livingston, near Edinburgh but there may be some periods of working at our customers sites in the UK.
- Involvement throughout whole software/systems lifecycle, from design through coding to testing, installation and configuration, and documentation (working throughout to full QA procedures) specifically production of FDS, DDS and Test Specifications
- Working within project team to customer deadlines
- Installation and configuration/testing work at customer sites
- Degree in Computing or Science related subject which have a significant element of computer programming.
- A minimum of six years’ experience post-graduation working in a software development role. Non graduates with over 6 years’ experience will be considered.
- Practical experience with OSIsoft PI
- Practical experience in Java, C#, C++, ASP, .Net or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of leadership and mentoring engineering teams
- Willingness to travel to customer sites throughout the UK and possibly overseas.
- UK Driving Licence
- Practical experience with Thingworx IoT platform
- Confident and capable and able to work under own initiative
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Have good communication skills
- Be flexible in working methods