Quantity Surveyor - Stone
To express an interest in this position, e-mail email@example.com with a cover letter and CV, quoting the job reference number.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We are currently working with only our preferred suppliers.
Capula is part of the Imtech Group and a leading advanced automation and real-time business intelligence company specialising in Automation, Control and IT Solutions and Services with major customers in the Nuclear, Energy & Infrastructure and Transmission & Distribution markets. The Company is renowned for its innovation, technical excellence, and project delivery, quality and safety.
Summary of Role:
- Supporting the Project Manager, responsible for the delivery and financial outcome of a project ensuring such activities are in line with the Commercial Strategy and meet all operational, financial, commercial, legislative standards and
- Provide support to Projects and tenders for all commercial
- Responsible for open and adequate communication with the Project Manager, Project teams and Business Manager
- Bid strategy: Supporting the bid process, particularly identifying any significant risks within enquiry documentation, terms and conditions and
- Contractual: In accordance with the Project requirements, manage all contractual change control including timely agreement with customers and Contractual issues to be managed with the Project Manager, supported by the Senior Quantity Surveyor as necessary
- Supply Chain: Building positive relationships with subcontractors and ensuring subcontracts are properly Ensure Financial and Contractual Control of Sub Contractors accounts, assessing and agreement of variations and assessing and settling of final accounts all in accordance with Company Procedures.
- Projects: Contributing positively to the effectiveness of project team commercial performance to include; priming Project Managers and their teams on key risks/opportunities in customer contracts, effectively participating as necessary in validation of projects won and interrogating and reporting periodic reviews of forecast profit, turnover and cash receipts for all projects together with active risk and opportunity
- Reporting: Manage all potential and actual changes to the scope of work, ensuring all variation orders are received and costs are agreed at the appropriate time. Prepare comprehensive information and assess the impact on cost change, installation periods and project Advise client at the earliest opportunity including the provision of correct notices within the required timescales.
- Control: Preparation and submission of Interim application for payment, analysing payment notices and monitoring cash Progress recovery of outstanding debts and resolution of financial exceptions. Prepare and produce ongoing cost reconciliation and monthly project forecast reporting
- People: Develop proactive and appropriate relationships with both internal and external stakeholders; to provide the appropriate guidance to make good business decisions
- Educated to Degree Level (or equivalent with experience) in a relevant surveying subject
- BA or BSc Degree
- RICS , CIOB or equivalent membership preferred
- To have successfully completed a minimum of 5 years as in a similar role, working with a project team and with the clients’ surveyor, in a main contracting or project delivery environment, with experience of working with JCT/NEC/ICHEM contract forms