Senior Engineer/Engineer – Stone
To express an interest in this position, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and CV, quoting the job reference number.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We are currently working with only our preferred suppliers.
Summary of Role:
The design and implementation of PLC Control Systems and related software / hardware engineering activities for a variety of industrial control system applications. The candidate should have proven experience in mainstream PLC Systems e.g. Schneider, Rockwell (AB), Siemens and Omniflex or similar. This role is based at our office in Stone, Staffs, but there will be some periods of working away at client sites in the UK.
• Development of PLC system design and options from customer requirements
• Provide design input to development of system wide generics
• PLC programming of control systems from given designs (especially Schneider Systems)
• Involvement throughout whole software/systems lifecycle, from design through coding to testing, installation and configuration, and documentation (working throughout to full QA procedures)
• Working within project team to customer deadlines
• Installation and configuration/testing work at customer sites
• Engineering / Computer related or appropriate engineering qualification (degree/HND) or comparable industrial experience
• Minimum 3 years’ experience expectation to fulfil requirements of this post.
• Good client facing skills, must be able to work as part of combined client/contractor team
• Knowledge of PLC system design lifecycle
• Previous Commissioning experience.
• Willingness to travel and work away when required
• Must be able to attain UK Security Clearance
• Driving licence
• IEC61131 PLC Coding Standards.
• Supervision / Mentoring skills (advantageous but not essential)
• Network architecture design
• Experience of working in the Nuclear Industry.
• Confident and capable and able to work under own initiative
• Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
• Used to working within a Quality Management System with the associated level of detail/accuracy
• Have good communication skills
• Be flexible in working methods