OI Project Manager - Stone
To express an interest in this position, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and CV, quoting the job reference number.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We are currently working with only our preferred suppliers.
Capula is a leading advanced automation and real-time business intelligence company specialising in Automation, Control and IT Solutions and Services with major customers in the Nuclear, Power Generation, Utilities and Oil & Gas markets. The Company is renowned for its innovation, technical excellence, project delivery, quality and safety.
We have recently launched Opus our Industrial IoT solution for Building Performance, Energy Management, Network Visibility, Situational Awareness and Predicative Analytics.
Summary of Role:
The role will be to join the existing OI management team, running multiple projects and managing the software development team across offices. OI is split across three offices; Stone, Gloucester and Edinburgh. Reporting to the OI Business Manager, this role will require previous experience gained in full cycle delivery of projects. This role will include travel to customer sites and other Capula offices.
- Managing Operational Intelligence projects to demanding timescales
- Ensuring that Projects are delivered to timescales, specification and budget
- Full financial responsibility for projects ranging from c. £0.2 Million – £2 Million
- People-management responsibility for leading and motivating concurrent teams of software/systems engineers (typically 5+)
- Hold regular report and progress meetings with clients
- Assist in securing future business by cultivating customer expectations through excellent delivery
- Responsibility for Quality Control for all projects involved
- Competent in multiple system development life-cycle methodologies, such as Agile, Waterfall and Hybrid.
- Ability to manage and motivate resources in a matrix environment
- Demonstrate the suitable level of planning and provide the balance of agility and predictability against the given project
- Foster an environment that embodies Agile development principles
- Foster and advocate a continual improvement attitude
- Demonstrable full project management experience delivering solutions with a track record of success – to time, spec, budget
- Understanding of Software Development and Systems Engineering environment within an established quality management system
- Skilled practitioner of the Microsoft Project suite of software, including Microsoft Project
- Must have good customer facing skills
- Strong leadership skills, including team management experience
- Current driving license
- A recognized project management qualification (for example, PRINCE 2, APMP) and/or certified training
- Ideally been involved with engineer development within projects
- Solid grasp of Quality Management in an ISO9001 environment
- Any recent experience of project proposals and general bid work would be welcomed