OI Software Engineer
To express an interest in this position, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and CV, quoting the job reference number.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We are currently working with only our preferred suppliers.
– This position can be filled at either Edinburgh, Gloucester or Stone –
Capula is a leading advanced automation and real-time business intelligence company specialising in Automation, Control and IT Solutions and Services with major customers in the Nuclear, Power Generation, Utilities and Oil & Gas markets. The Company is renowned for its innovation, technical excellence, project delivery, quality and safety.
We have recently launched Opus our Industrial IoT solution for Building Performance, Energy Management, Network Visibility, Situational Awareness and Predicative Analytics.
Summary of the Role:
This role is for a Software Engineer to join our Operational Intelligence team to develop solutions for our mainly blue chip clients working on Opus solutions.
We currently have a vacancy for a Software Engineer with a minimum of 3 years’ experience. The successful candidate will be joining a team engaged upon market-leading software development for business-critical IT applications.
The work involves the requirements gathering, design, programming, testing, documentation and commissioning of IT projects. Experience with platform solutions such as Thingworx, OSIsoft PI or other Real Time Data Historian, is preferred. Knowledge of languages such as C#, C++, ASP and the .Net environment or similar, will provide an excellent foundation for learning to use customer specific software tools. Other languages and toolsets such as those listed are also regularly deployed for additional work on plug-ins, interfaces, etc.
- Degree in Computing or Science related subject which have a significant element of computer programming
- Object Orientated Programming OOP – required understanding for the data modelling side of ThingWorx, as it uses classes, interfaces, objects. Aka – ThingTemplates, Things, ThingShapes.
- RESTful l APIs – ThingWorx is a REST API that can be exposed and interacts with external web services.
- Problem solving skills – Identifying Issues, exploring alternative solutions, choosing the best solution, implementing solution.
- Ability to learn new technologies – ThingWorx
- Practical experience in C#, C++, ASP, .Net or equivalent
- UK Driving Licence
- CSS – Styling applications.
- UX/UI design – Understanding the UI requirements and the user experience.
- Agile experience – Fast-paced work, stand-up meeting, refining the backlog, KANBAN boards.
- Use of source control and branching – For the future use of Git repositories for ThingWorx.
- Java (for future ThingWorx extension building, such as new Widgets and connectors)
- Practical experience with Thingworx IoT platform
- Confident and capable and able to work under own initiative
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Work as part of a geographically dispersed team – communication and interaction.
- Customer interactions – Face to face, over the phone, on a skype call. Collaboration with a customer to gathering requirement/build mock ups.
- Have good communication skills
- Be flexible in working methods