To express an interest in this position, e-mail email@example.com with a cover letter and CV, quoting the job reference number.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We are currently working with only our preferred suppliers.
Summary of Role:
The role will be to join the existing OI management team, running multiple projects and managing the software development team across offices. OI is split across three offices; Stone, Gloucester and Edinburgh, with management in Stone and Gloucester, as the team in Edinburgh is growing it has become apparent a dedicated project manager is required. Reporting to the OI Business Manager, this role will require previous experience gained in delivering major projects of £1m plus, based on control or IT systems to the Power Generation, Water industries or similar. This role will include travel to customer sites and other Capula offices.
- Managing Operational Intelligence projects to demanding timescales
- Ensuring that Projects are delivered to timescales, specification and budget
- Full financial responsibility for projects ranging from c. £0.2 Million – £2 Million
- People-management responsibility for leading and motivating concurrent teams of software/systems engineers (typically 5+)
- Hold regular report and progress meetings with clients
- Assist in securing future business by cultivating customer expectations through excellent delivery
- Responsibility for Quality Control for all projects involved
- Demonstrable full project management experience delivering solutions with a track record of success – to time, spec, budget
- Understanding of Software Development and Systems Engineering environment within an established quality management system
- Skilled practitioner of the Microsoft Project suite of software, including Microsoft Project
- Must have good customer facing skills
- Strong leadership skills, including team management experience
- Current driving license
- A recognized project management qualification (for example, PRINCE 2, APMP) and/or certified training
- Ideally been involved with engineer development within projects
- Solid grasp of Quality Management in an ISO9001 environment
- Any recent experience of project proposals and general bid work would be welcomed