Project Manager – Stone (Contractor)
To express an interest in this position, e-mail email@example.com with a cover letter and CV, quoting the job reference number.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We are currently working with only our preferred suppliers.
Summary of Role:
Capula is part of the Imtech Group and a leading advanced automation and real-time business intelligence company specialising in Automation, Control and IT Solutions and Services with major customers in the Nuclear, Energy & Infrastructure and Transmission & Distribution markets. The Company is renowned for its innovation, technical excellence, and project delivery, quality and safety
Capula has a portfolio of systems contracts to be delivered to major clients within the Nuclear Industry, some integrating with existing C&I systems, some stand alone and some greenfield. With cumulative values of several £Ms the contracts include a range of full turnkey solutions based generally upon PLC/SCADA technology and including hardwired/logic based safety systems. Some contracts also include site installation and cabling etc. Based upon world class products the contracts cover Requirements Definition, Design, Substantiation, Implementation, Testing, Installation, Commissioning and the ongoing support.
• Senior management role responsible for a number of contracts cumulatively £several m, from inception through to delivery within demanding timescales
• Ensuring that the portfolio of projects are delivered to timescale, specification, budget and customer satisfaction
• Including liaison with production and hardware engineering facilities based at Stone
• Overall financial responsibility for these contracts, including subcontracts for specialist works and supplies
• People-management responsibility for leading and motivating a team of project managers, hardware, software and installation engineers (up to 30)
• Responsibility for all Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety aspects of the projects through the Company Q,H&S Manager and project H&S Advisor
• Hold regular report and progress meetings with clients
• Assist in securing future business by cultivating customer expectations through excellent delivery
• Degree qualified, ideally from an electrical engineering background
• At least 10 years demonstrable full E,C&I project management experience within the nuclear industry or similar regulated background
• Must have good customer facing skills
• Experience of NEC3 /4 contracting
• Must be commercially astute and an experienced negotiator
• Must have demonstrable track record of achieving project timescales, margins, customer satisfaction and quality
• Experience of subcontractor management
• Strong leadership skills, including team management experience
• Current driving license and must be prepared to travel, with some stays away at customer sites
• A recognized project management qualification (for example, PRINCE 2, APMP) and/or approved training.
• A recognized safety qualification (for example IOSH managing Safely) and/or approved training
• Experience of CEMAR