Quality Assurance Technician - Stone
To express an interest in this position, e-mail email@example.com with a cover letter and CV, quoting the job reference number.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We are currently working with only our preferred suppliers.
Summary of Role:
Reporting directly to the QESH Manager the Quality Assurance Technician will be responsible for ensuring relevant standards and industry best practices are adhered to, for preparing and conducting auditing/monitoring activities, preparing documents for the Integrated Management System, working with the QESH Manager to develop QESH action plans, policies, strategies and objectives to ensure continual improvement and effectiveness of the Integrated Management System.
The role will support the QESH function in ensuring that the Integrated Management System processes, primarily covering Quality but also Health & Safety, Security and Environment aspects are correctly applied and adhered to.
The Quality Assurance Technician must be able to identify quality issues, investigate or facilitate analyses to determine corrective and preventative actions to reduce the non-quality costs and constantly improve the level of quality.
This role will include travel to customer sites.
- Actively work with all company management and staff in promoting continual improvement in Quality Assurance performance
- Prepare and review Quality Assurance documents for the company Integrated Management System to facilitate continuous improvement
- Participate in the approval of suppliers and contractors which are used within company or on client’s sites
- Complete internal audits of the integrated management system to ensure its continued effectiveness and assist in the preparation for external audits
- To liaise with clients on matters of Quality Assurance and attendance at clients meetings when required
- Produce statistical reports as required, analysing the data to identify trends
- Support the QESH function when providing business development with pre-qualification and tender information
- Work with the QESH Manager to develop QESH action plans, monitor their implementation and facilitate continuous improvement
- Providing support, monitoring and assistance to the business to ensure IMS processes remain current and are adhered to
- Takes ownership and accountability
- Firm but fair
- Professional approach
- Approachable manner
- Team Player – Work as part of an extended team within Capula
- Ability to plan ahead, co-ordinate and prioritise workloads
- Must be prepared to travel, with some stays away at customer sites
- Good administration skills and computer literate
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Not afraid to challenge deviations in a diplomatic manner
- Ability to influence, organise and motivate others
- Understand problem solving techniques such as 8D, Ishikawa etc
- Experience in a similar role in the UK market