To express an interest in this position, e-mail email@example.com with a cover letter and CV, quoting the job reference number.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We are currently working with only our preferred suppliers.
Summary of Role:
To supplement our Service & Support team, the key activities will include:-
- Visiting our customer’s sites to perform routine tasks such as Surveys, Audits, System Health Checks, Spares Management, Obsolescence Reporting, Backups, Upgrades, Patching etc.
- Helping customers to fault-find and rectify problems via telephone, web, email etc. and where required, to respond to the customer’s site to carry out emergency repairs. This may include ‘out-of-hours’ work (rota-based)
- Design, testing, installation and commissioning of small projects
- Specification of technical requirements and costs for small project work, services and support contract renewals
- Completion of Service Reports and other project documentation when required
The successful candidate will be responsible for the technical delivery of one or more Service & Support contracts, reporting Contract Performance monthly, to the Team Leader. They will work with the Team Leader to co-ordinate the activities and rota for a small team of engineers to ensure all the deliverables for their contracts are completed on time.
- A good electrical engineering background and knowledge of control systems is essential
- Ideally, the successful candidate will have experience of:-
- GE equipment (D20, D25, D200 etc.)
- COPA DATA Zenon SCADA
- Operating Systems (Windows XP, Windows 7, SCO UNIX)
But training will be given on systems they are unfamiliar with.
- Current driving licence
- Willingness and ability to attend at customer sites both individually (especially) and as part of a team (on occasions)
- Willingness and ability to undertake out-of-hours support on a rota basis
- Professional approach to the management of themselves and others
- Good communicator and well organised individual
- Excellent technical knowledge in a range of applications and systems hardware
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines