Software Engineer - Edinburgh, Gloucester or Stone
To express an interest in this position, e-mail email@example.com with a cover letter and CV, quoting the job reference number.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We are currently working with only our preferred suppliers.
Summary of the Role:
This role is for a Software Engineer to join our Operational Intelligence team to develop solutions for our mainly blue chip clients working on Opus solutions.
We currently have a vacancy for a Software Engineer with a minimum of 3 years’ experience. The successful candidate will be joining a team engaged upon market-leading software development for business-critical IT applications.
The work involves the requirements gathering, design, programming, testing, documentation and commissioning of IT projects. Experience with platform solutions such as Thingworx, OSIsoft PI or other Real Time Data Historian, is preferred. Knowledge of languages such as C#, C++, ASP and the .Net environment or similar, will provide an excellent foundation for learning to use customer specific software tools. Other languages and toolsets such as those listed are also regularly deployed for additional work on plug-ins, interfaces, etc.
- Degree in Computing or Science related subject which have a significant element of computer programming
- A minimum of three years’ experience post-graduation working in a software development role. Non graduates with over 6 years’ experience will be considered
- Practical experience with OSIsoft PI
- Practical experience in C#, C++, ASP, .Net or equivalent
- Willingness to travel to customer sites throughout the UK and possibly overseas
- UK Driving Licence
- Practical experience with Thingworx IoT platform
- Confident and capable and able to work under own initiative
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Have good communication skills
- Be flexible in working methods