IMPERIUM Substation Automation
Our control technology offers a comprehensive feature set, innovative capabilities and a proven track record of performance and reliability. We combine commercial off the shelf technology (COTS) with our deep domain expertise and application engineering capabilities to provide scalable, flexible solutions for facilities of all types and sizes.
Capula solutions are fully type registered and approved to National Grid and International standards, and our full lifecycle approach to system design provides clear upgrade paths and backwards compatibility to promote system longevity.
IMPERIUM, our latest generation control system is a substation hardened control platform developed to meet the requirements of the current and future energy network. Imperium can handle multiple protocols including GI74, IEC 60870-5-101, IEC 61850 and web client access availability.
We provide an end-to-end solution for substation control and automation, in new-build, refurbishment or system replacement projects.
- Site surveys to assess functional and communications requirements
- Design and production of panels, equipment layout and human machine interfaces
- Integration with legacy hardware
- Design of bay controllers, gateways, RTUs and the automation applications within them
- SCADA system design
- Automation solutions for transformer and load control and other key substation functions
- Software validation and testing capabilities for any size of substation with the National Grid portfolio, up to 80 bays and 120,000 I/O points
- Site installation, testing and commissioning
- Production of as-installed drawings, documentation, operation and maintenance manuals in accordance with National Grid standards