Support Engineer - Stone
To express an interest in this position, e-mail email@example.com with a cover letter and CV, quoting the job reference number.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We are currently working with only our preferred suppliers.
Capula is part of the Imtech Group and a leading advanced automation and real-time business intelligence company specialising in Automation, Control and IT Solutions and Services with major customers in the Nuclear, Energy & Industry and Transmission & Distribution markets. The Company is renowned for its innovation, technical excellence, and project delivery, quality and safety.
Summary of Key Activities:
An Automation Engineer to supplement our Service & Support team with specific PLC/HMI & Drives skills. The successful candidate will work as part of a team but is often required to attend a client’s site and work on their own. Their key activities will include:
- Routine maintenance/service visits to our customer’s sites.
- Fault-finding on systems under support.
- Modifications & upgrades to systems under support.
- Service reports & client meetings.
- Support to our Sales & Delivery teams.
- Small-project work.
- Out-of-hours support (rota-based).
Our requirement is for an engineer with good Siemens PLC and network experience but ideally they will also be conversant with Rockwell PLCs too.
- Siemens S7-200, 300, 400, 1200 (Step 7 & TIA Portal)
- Rockwell SLC500/ControlLogix (RSLogix500/5000)
- Ethernet, Profinet, Profibus (DP/PA), ControlNet, DeviceNet, DH+ RIO, ASI
- Experience of working in a service & support role
The role will require some understanding of the following systems but additional training on these will be provided where necessary.
- Siemens SIMATIC HMIs (WinCC/WinCC Flex)
- Rockwell HMIs (RSView/FactoryTalk View ME)
- Wonderware InTouch
- Danfos, Emerson, Elau Servo Drives
- Experience of working in an automation/manufacturing environment
Candidates should possess the following personal qualities:
- Confident, capable and able to work under their own initiative
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Have good communication skills
- Be flexible in their working methods