Training at Capula
Capula offers a suite of tailored training courses associated with a range a PLC, SCADA & telemetry systems including but not limited to products from some of the leading manufacturers such as Rockwell, Schneider, Siemens, GE and OSISoft.
Each course is tailored to meet the specific needs of the delegate and where necessary uses real life, hands-on scenarios to deliver the training material.
Our diverse engineering skill set enables Capula to deliver a range of courses, for example:
- Software & hardware configuration
- Electrical installations and fault finding
- Software & hardware trouble shooting
We undertake maintenance services to prevent system issues, down-time and loss of data. Our experienced support staff are on hand to provide clients with seamless PI system implementation activity and upgrades.
We provide product advice throughout the life cycle of clients’ systems to help optimise performance and efficiency. As part of our auditing process we evaluate the current status of our clients’ systems to identify areas for improvement:
- Ensure PI System management meets industry best practices
- Identify actual and potential issues
- Provide a plan for achieving the optimum level of efficiency with the minimum effort to complement PI’s capabilities and architecture
Typical audit evaluations for clients have delivered some or all of the key benefits:
- Lower risk of potential data loss
- Security vulnerabilities addressed
- Potential risk and data inaccuracies identified
- Improved PI utilisation brings cost efficiencies
PI System audits are customisable to suit individual requirements but the basic process is as follows:
Inspection and documentation: a variety of OSIsoft and Capula tools are utilised to collect information from the machines comprising the PI System.
Analysis: We use the information collected to evaluate system health, software versions, security, data accuracy (compression), data quality, and the degree of utilisation/exploitation, based on our in-depth experience.
Reporting: We produce an in-depth audit report listing systems configuration, observations, issues ranked by severity, recommendations and an active management plan.