PI System Audit
The management of a PI System and its associated applications requires the system's performance to be reviewed regularly. As part of the Enhanced Software Reliance Programme (ESRP) offered by Capula, we carry out an annual audit of the PI System.
The collection, storage and presentation of your asset and plant information is provided by the PI System, but:
- Has the organisation kept pace with the technological changes?
- Have your Asset Managers extracted maximum benefit from the valuable applications at their disposal?
- Have they been deployed effectively?
- Is the data of the required accuracy and time - and most importantly, are the expected benefits being generated?
Our PI System Audit provides:
A quick and effective impartial assessment that will assess these issues, prioritise them and suggest how you can address them.
We review and audit the real business benefits being delivered by your PI System and recommend changes to improve performance to support current and projected business models.
The Audit includes:
- The usage of archive space, in particular the identification of over and under utilisation of tags
- Archive backups to ensure compliance with agreed procedures
- Management and control of VMS log files, NT and UNIX message files
- Overall system performance and response including CPU utilisation, memory and disk usage. Also includes a prediction of the trend for the following 6-month period
- Network delays between the PI client and server applications and route taken by packets
- Good versus suspect data for tags
In addition to these essentially technical issues, the Audit also reviews and discusses the following opportunities:
- Achievement of expected benefits of new and established systems
- Identification of unnecessary or inefficient practices
- A review of the capabilities of installed systems against business needs
- Identification of data weaknesses and risks
- Assessment of data quality practice and the customer's procedures and expectations
Following the review, Capula provides an Audit report containing the results of the audit and recommendations to bring the system into line with best practice and the customer's procedures and expectations.