To express an interest in this position, e-mail email@example.com with a cover letter and CV, quoting the job reference number.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We are currently working with only our preferred suppliers.
Summary of Role:
To lead all aspects of the proposals process and ensure the proposals teams deliver effective and timely proposals to delight our customers and to assist with the Capula growth strategy.
- Provide matrix leadership to the business development engineers to ensure the proposal documents are fully compliant with the tender requirements.
- Lead large “must win” and cross business unit proposals activity and take ownership of all elements of proposal construction and production and if necessary, any customer presentation.
- To ensure that our response to customer’s requirements are sufficiently detailed, professional, accurate and timely.
- Provide guidance and support to the Executive team, Business Managers, Sales leads and BD Engineers in the development of proposal strategy and solution
- Managing and co-ordinating the proposal team to ensure effective working relationships within the team and timely delivery of all required work/proposal deliverables
- To work closely with the Sales team to define the bid strategy (lowest cost to comply, target cost design, differentiation/value add) and once defined, manage the proposals team through the bid process to achieve the strategic and winning outcome.
- Managing all aspects of the proposals to ensure Capula’s ability to deliver the client’s requirements are expressed clearly, fluently and effectively in all documentation and ensure the value proposition is weaved into the proposals.
- Leading & co-ordinating proposal governance process and ensuring compliance during the proposal production process and submission.
- Fostering trusting relationships with internal and external supports, key suppliers and as appropriate other stakeholders and interest groups relevant to the proposal
- Lead the Proposal/No-Proposal and Approval to Submit Proposal sales gates, including the co-ordination of key decision makers and management of the meetings.
- Providing proposal management support as required throughout the proposal lifecycle, from early shaping to contract close including where required the generation of Capula win themes, our value offerings, competitor and client analysis.
- To support the development of client relationships through customer feedback satisfaction processes to ensure a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Produce template documentation to drive a consistent proposals image and in line with branding guidelines
- Ensure proposals team continually improve the proposals process and delivery.
- Ownership of the master proposal documents and implementation across business.
- Liaison with the Senior Leadership to ensure proposals undergo relevant scrutiny & governance
- Development of an automated and efficient proposals tool & process
- Ensuring consistency in all aspects of our proposals
- Ensure company brand is detailed & adhered to in all proposals
- Lead post proposal win/loss lesson learnt reviews and feedback into the business
- Establish high degree of collaboration and teamwork between BDEs, BUs and Sales teams.
- Ensure risks are identified, mitigation plans established in line with company policy and procedure.
- Demonstrable experience in a proposal’s management role.
- Strong communicator with good presentation skills.
- Good organisational and analytical skills.
- Flair for creative proposal writing.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels.
- Ability to represent the business in a professional manner.
- Strong Influencer with Matrix leadership experience
- Ability to gain security clearance.
- Automation and/or IT/Digital industry experience
- Strong IT skills to support proposal development.
- Project Management experience
- Track record of impact on sales growth
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Professional engineering or proposal management qualification.
- Full driving license.
- Flexible approach to working hours.
- Willingness to travel and reside overnight where required.