Application Engineer - Stone
To express an interest in this position, e-mail email@example.com with a cover letter and CV, quoting the job reference number.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We are currently working with only our preferred suppliers.
Summary of the Role:
Capula is working on the development of a control platform to enable the participation in National Grid Ancillary Services such as Demand Side Response, Firm Frequency Response, Enhanced Frequency Response, Short Term Operating Reserve, Power Reserve, etc. We need an Engineer who will drive and contribute to the development of the Software and Hardware for these applications by being the bridge linking our customers to our development engineers.
The key activities of the role are:
- Technical surveys to assess available control systems and energy assets on site.
- Understand the hardware and software requirements that are needed to monitor and control the energy assets for DSR, FFR, EFR, STOR, etc.
- Understand the requirements on systems on site to fulfil National Grid and/or DNO test requirements to participate in the Energy balancing and capacity markets
- Evaluate the existing energy assets at our customer sites, and advise on their potential use for the energy markets
- Evaluate the potential of using new or additional assets to an existing site to improve customers revenue streams participating in the energy markets
- Be the primary technical resource for field sales and services
- Act as the bridge between customers and development team
- Provide the technical support and expertise to customers
- Work collaboratively between Capula internal departments to ensure that knowledge and domain expertise are utilised in the proposed solutions to our customers
- A good electrical engineering background in the transmission and distribution, and knowledge of control systems is essential
- Ideally, the successful candidate will have experience of:
- The use of battery storage as an embedded system in the power distribution network, and their use for the ancillary services of National Grid such as: Firm Frequency Response and Enhanced Frequency Response
- Understand the use of various ancillary services in the energy balancing and capacity markets
- Understand how to provide and implement Demand Side Response for industrial and commercial sites
- Current driving license
- Willingness and ability to attend at customer sites both individually (especially) and as part of a team (on occasions)
- Willingness and ability to undertake out of hours work on a rota basis
- Professional approach to the management of themselves and others
- Excellent communicator and well organised individual
- Excellent technical knowledge in a range of applications and systems software and hardware
- Ability to work as part of a team or on their own
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines