Application Support Senior Engineer
Job Reference: SS-2021-01
Cumbria | Service and Support | Full-time | Permanent
Capula is a leading advanced automation and real-time business intelligence company specialising in Automation, Control and IT Solutions and Services with major customers in the Oil and Gas, Power Generation, Utilities and Nuclear markets. The Company is renowned for its innovation, technical excellence, project delivery, quality and safety.
Summary of Role:
Working as part of a small Service and Support team, handling incident calls from customers, carrying out proactive maintenance tasks and assisting in the delivering of projects when required. Key responsibilities of this role include:-
- Acting as team lead and managing work loads and deadlines
- It is essential that candidates have excellent communication skills as client contact is required as is integration with and mentoring of other team members.
- Ability to mentor and develop engineers and technicians
- Prompt and proactive management of incidents, prioritising work packages to ensure we deliver a customer response that meets or exceeds the expected service standards.
- Maintaining an excellent customer relationship, through good communication and high quality service.
- Proactive maintenance checks to diagnose and resolve issues before they become a problem.
- Working on your own or as part of a team, to provide technical support to other Capula engineers and external customer engineering staff.
- Providing defined Work Plans to manage scheduled changes.
- Creation and maintenance of full lifecycle application documentation.
You will need excellent communication and prioritisation skills, as well as being self-motivated, confident and organised. A collaborative attitude is essential for a small but busy team. The role will require you to think ahead and solve problems quickly. The following core skillsets are essential for the role:-
- An understanding of Relational Databases – SQL Server and/or Oracle.
- Exposure to ASP.NET and C# development or similar.
- Knowledge of SQL coding.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows / Office.
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016.
The role will require some understanding of the following systems but additional training on these will be provided where necessary
- SQL Server skills (T/SQL, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS).
- Oracle Forms, PL/SQL and Reports knowledge.
- Crystal Reports.
- IIS Website Deployment.
- Source Control (GIT/SourceSafe).
- Working knowledge of Hardware and Virtual Environments (i.e. PC, Server).
- Working knowledge of Linux.
- MS Project or other project planning tools
Candidates should also possess the following personal qualities.
- Ability to lead and work in a team
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Flexible in their methods of working
- Analytical thinking with a clear logical approach to problem solving.
- Written and verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Customer facing skills.
- Able to work overtime and or flexible hours when required.
- Happy to travel when required.