CAD Technician / Electrical Design Technician
To express an interest in this position, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and CV, quoting the job reference number.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We are currently working with only our preferred suppliers.
Capula, part of Imtech UK, is a leading advanced automation and real-time business intelligence company specialising in Automation, Control and IT Solutions and Services with major customers in the Nuclear, Power Generation, Utilities and Oil & Gas markets. The Company is renowned for its innovation, technical excellence, project delivery, quality and safety.
Summary of Role:
This role is in our E&I and T&D teams primarily helping with CAD work, undertaking As-builts or modifying drawings according to mark–ups plus converting/redrawing from .PDF’s or TIFFs. For the suitable candidate designing electrical hardware systems mainly using proprietary hardware components for control panels, site surveying and scope identification, requirements capture and assisting with test and commissioning activities may also be included. The role may involve travel in the UK with periods away at customer sites carrying out surveys, designing solutions and assisting with testing and commissioning. Flexibility with working hours will be required at times to fit with the nature of the projects.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical
- Able to interpret customer requirements, undertake site surveys and produce electrical drawings
- Designing and modifying instrument loops drawings
- Knowledge of electrical panels containing Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) and/or DCS, LV modular distribution systems incorporating either MCCbs, Transformers or Switchboards.
- Knowledge of Motor Control Centers, Motor Control Gear, Instrumentation and IEC BS EN 60439-1
- Working knowledge of Control, Electrical & Instrumentation circuits
- Able to Develop technical solutions to meet project and customer expectations
- Experience of Electrical Design/Installation/Test/Commissioning documentation and activities
- Working understanding of BS7671 IEE 18th Edition Wiring Regs
- Understanding of IEC BS EN 60439-1,Low-voltage switchgear and control gear assemblies
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Flexible in their methods of working
- Good communicator