Job Reference: TD-2021-02
Stone & Client Sites| Transmission & Distribution | Full-time | Permanent
Capula, part of Imtech UK, is a leading advanced automation and real-time business intelligence company specialising in Automation, Control and IT Solutions and Services with major customers in the Transmission & Distribution, Nuclear, Power Generation, Utilities and Oil & Gas markets. The Company is renowned for its innovation, technical excellence, and project delivery, quality and safety.
Summary of Role:
Capula is seeking an experienced Commissioning Engineer with a sound Electrical Engineering background to work between our Stone headquarters and client’s sites. Responsible for all site related aspects of delivering E,C&I projects Safely to time and specification. The successful candidate will be qualified as described below and ideally will have recent relevant experience.
- To understand drawings and test specifications, in order to complete the Site Acceptance Testing.
- Fault find any errors found and fix where possible or provide the necessary information to facilitate its resolution by others.
- Electrically proficient, understanding of IO (AC&DC).
- To be able to mark-up drawings and sign off drawings as part of the testing process.
- Demonstratable understanding of communications – fibre optics and serial comms.
- Knowledge of substations
- Navigation the software RTU/DCS/SCADA as part of the commissioning activities and fault finding.
- Articulate and have good communication skills both written and verbal
- Recent National Grid Site experience or DNO experience
- To have successfully completed Safety Passport training or an alternative safety course
- To have successfully completed specific health and safety awareness training delivered by recognised training provider (IOSH, CITB, RoSPA, BSC etc), e.g. manual handling, (preferred qualified to minimum of Appointed Person), lifting operations (banksman/slinger), working at height, CDM, confined spaces etc.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering E,C&I solutions on site with a track record of success – on time, to specification and within a commercial environment
- Must be prepared to travel and work away at customer sites
- Full UK driving licence.
- Current NG Person and BESC Certification
- Educated to at least HND level or higher with additional relevant experience
- First Aid at Work Certificate
- AutoCAD experience
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Attention to detail with a strong and practical safety ethos