Electrical Design Engineer
To express an interest in this position, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and CV, quoting the job reference number.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We are currently working with only our preferred suppliers.
Summary of Role:
This role is to design hardware systems mainly using proprietary hardware components for control panels and primarily focused on RTU’s, PLC’s and Protection relay logic. The client is within the Transmission and Distribution industry. The work is primarily based at our headquarters in Stone, Staffordshire.
- It is essential that candidates have excellent communication skills as client contact is likely as is interaction with other team members
- Educated at least to degree level in relevant subject or HND with additional experience of at least 4 years post graduate experience or 6 years post HND experience on successful project implementation
- Good working knowledge of Autocad Electrical
- Proven history and in depth knowledge of designing electrical control panels containing Remote telemetry Units (RTU’s), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s), safety relays & LV modular distribution systems incorporating fuses & MCB’s
- Working knowledge of EC&I
- Able to Develop technical solutions to meet project and customer expectations
- Thorough understanding of BS7671 IEE 17th Edition Wiring Regs, or working towards, BS7671 IEE 18th Edition Wiring Regs
- Confidence to work within a multidisciplinary design team
- Experience of Substation Secondary Systems (Protection and Control)
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineering status
- Experienced in the Pacis and/or DS Agile Control System
- Experience of ABB LON.
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Flexible in their methods of working