To express an interest in this position, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and CV, quoting the job reference number.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We are currently working with only our preferred suppliers.
Capula, part of Imtech Technical Services Group, is a leading advanced automation and real-time business intelligence company specialising in Automation, Control and IT Solutions and Services with major customers in the Nuclear, Power Generation, Utilities and Oil & Gas markets. The Company is renowned for its innovation, technical excellence, project delivery, quality and safety.
Summary of Role:
The role is in our E&I team designing hardware systems mainly using proprietary hardware components for control panels and primarily focused on PLC’s, MCCs, Drives & Controls, and Switchgear but will also include site survey of existing electrical control panels and cable routes, Preparing, reviewing and checking cable design calculations, routing and connection details. The work will be mainly based at a Customer site in the Selby area, but work may be done at home or at our Stone Head Office in Staffordshire
- Competence in designing electrical panels containing Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s), LV modular distribution systems incorporating MCCbs, Transformers or Switchboards.
- Knowledge of Motor Control Centres, Motor Control Gear and Instrumentation.
- Design of electrical cabling and containment systems
- Educated to at least degree level in relevant subject or HND with additional experience of at least 4 years post graduate experience or 6 years post HND experience on successful project implementation
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical
- It is essential that candidates have excellent communication skills as client contact is required as is integration with other team members
- A good working knowledge of related safety and environmental legislation particularly regarding working on power stations and construction sites
- Able to Develop technical solutions to meet project and customer expectations
- Thorough understanding of, or working towards, BS7671 IEE 18th Edition Wiring Regs
- Understanding of IEC BS EN 60439-1,Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies
- Confidence to work within a multidisciplinary design team
- Safety Passport
- Site work experience
- Ability to wire up/modify C & I panels on site/in situ.
- BEng (Hons) in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent).
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to lead and work in a team
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Flexible in their methods of working