To express an interest in this position, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and CV, quoting the job reference number.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We are currently working with only our preferred suppliers.
Capula, part of Imtech UK, is a leading advanced automation and real-time business intelligence company specialising in Automation, Control and IT Solutions and Services with major customers in the Transmission & Distribution, Nuclear, Power Generation, Utilities and Oil & Gas markets. The Company is renowned for its innovation, technical excellence, and project delivery, quality and safety.
Summary of the role:
We are looking for an Enthusiastic Engineer to join our existing SCS team to perform all aspects of design and implementation of Substation Control Systems (SCS). Suitable candidate must be able to communicate effectively with the customer, have the ability to interpret customer requirements (including schedules, drawings etc.), have an understanding of system engineering design and be prepared to be involved in and eventually lead site visits for the purpose of survey and installation work (including the preparation of associated risk evaluation/method statements). Suitable candidate would also be involved in an extensive SCS upgrade programme.
This position would suit someone who has a good grounding in systems engineering and enjoys working in an engineering environment, who is keen to become involved in all aspects of a project and is keen to learn and develop new skills as part of an experienced and committed team.
- Working under supervision to agreed procedures/methods and standards with configuration and engineering design responsibilities.
- Interpret and verify customer supplied data and specifications.
- Produce system designs from customer supplied information using Capula existing generic approach
- Creating/modifying system drawings and Schematics
- Producing all necessary documentation to support the production of the systems
For the right candidate there will be opportunity for:
- Involvement in site surveys and preparation of Health and Safety Documentation
- Assisting in Site acceptance testing
- Experience of control systems panel design
- At least, educated to HND level in an Electrical Engineering discipline.
Preferably educated to degree level in relevant subject(s).
- Computer literate with Autocad and Excel experience.
- Capable of good customer communications.
- Methodical approach to the interpretation of customer requirements.
- Hold a current full driving licence (UK or be able to easily convert to full UK)
- Must be willing to go for a basic disclosure Scotland check.
- Experience of Substation Control Systems.
- Site Installation and Commissioning experience.
- Experienced in the GE or Pacis and/or DS Agile Control System
- Experience of ABB Control Systems.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Be flexible in their methods of working.