Lead Software Engineer (OSIsoft PI)
Job Reference: OI-2021-03
Stone | Operational Intelligence | Full-time | Permanent
Summary of Business:
With a focus on operational technology and digital transformation, Capula has been a leader in advanced system integration for decades; optimising efficiency & delivering performance on a massive scale. But with continuous innovation at the heart of our business, we’ve always got our sights set on the future. We work in some of the most highly regulated and challenging industrial environments, and have delivered critical projects across energy, water, renewables and manufacturing.
We have long standing relationships with clients who have invested heavily in the OSIsoft PI System and are looking to recruit a skilled and capable software engineer to support the existing team of engineers.
Summary of Role:
The role will be to join the existing OI management team and be part of the development and configuration team for OSIsoft PI for a leading client. The work will be predominantly home based as our client is international, with work in the office as required to meet our business needs.
The right candidate will report direct to the OI Business Manager, with the role requiring previous experience in software development and OSIsoft PI configuration, integration and architecting. It is preferred that the right candidate has experience of working in the oil and gas and/or power generation sectors but this is not an essential requirement.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for the development and implementation of a consistent approach to the use of methodologies and tools within the existing quality management system, as appropriate to meet the needs of the client.
Responsible for the technical direction on large project(s), or projects that may have strategic importance to the Company, this role will review requirements, shaping and approving specifications through liaison with the client, whilst advising on risks and ways to mitigate.
Expected to take the lead in ensuring project activities are properly developed and delivered in the required timescales aligned to the requirements of our quality management system, including planning and time management. Will actively champion efficiency and operational improvements.
- Degree in Computing or Science related subject which have a significant element of computer programming
- A solid understanding of the OSIsoft PI System architecture with proven delivery capability with this platform
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of designing software systems
- Regarded as expert in the design and implementation of such systems, with a solid understanding of architect design principles, design and configuration
- In depth knowledge of the whole software/system development lifecycle, from design through coding to testing and commissioning
- To have acted successfully as Senior Engineer on a range of projects that were delivered on time and to budget
- Demonstrable experience of leadership and mentoring engineering teams
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Visio
- General IT knowledge and understanding
- Good understanding of Windows Server configuration, including networking and security
- Experience with Git, particularly Azure DevOps
- Knowledge of relational databases, particularly Microsoft SQL Server
- Fault finding and issue resolution
- Experience of working in the oil and gas and/or power generation sectors
- Worked using Agile methodologies, particularly using Azure DevOps
- Familiar with Microsoft Azure
- Experience with hypervisor, particularly ESXi
- Disciplined and organised
- Respected technically
- Excellent communicator
- Commercial awareness
- Personable with excellent customer facing skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Great attention to detail
- Drive for continual improvement
- Puts the customer first
- Able to adapt and learn new skills/technologies as required
- Patient and calm under pressure
- 25+ days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance(4x annual salary)
- Private healthcare
- Lifestyle screening
- Salary sacrifice schemes
- Employee assistance mental wellbeing programme
- Employee discount at 100’s of UK retailers