Lead Systems Engineer
Job Reference: T&D-2021-01
Stone | Transmission & Distribution | Full-time | Permanent
Summary of the role:
We are looking for an Enthusiastic Experienced Engineer to join our existing Transmission & Distribution team to perform all aspects of design and implementation of Substation Control Systems. Suitable candidate must be able to communicate effectively with the customer, have the ability to interpret customer requirements (including schedules, drawings etc.), have an understanding of system engineering design and be prepared to be involved in and lead site visits for the purpose of survey. Suitable candidate would also be involved in extensive substation upgrade programmes.
This position would suit someone who has a good grounding in Substation secondary systems engineering and enjoys working in an engineering environment, who is keen to become involved in all aspects of a project and is keen to learn and develop new skills as part of an experienced and committed team.
- Working to agreed procedures/methods and standards with engineering design responsibilities.
- Interpret and verify customer supplied data, specifications and drawings.
- Produce system designs from customer supplied information
- Lead the Creation/modification of Design Packs including system drawings, general arrangements, schematics & wiring diagrams, site cable drawings etc.
- Produce client design documentation and test documentation
- Producing all necessary documentation to support the production of the systems such as FDS, DID, Test Documentation, Manuals etc.
- Lead site surveys and assist in the preparation of Health and Safety Documentation
- Support Site acceptance testing/commissioning
- Lead and drive the project team
- Review and approve designs
- Support the production of tender documents and cost estimates.
- Experience of substation control systems
- Experience of substation secondary systems field cabling and panel design
- At least, educated to HND level in an Electrical Engineering discipline.
Preferably educated to degree level in relevant subject(s).
- Experience/Knowledge of IEC61850
- Computer literate with Word, Autocad and Excel experience.
- Capable of good customer communications.
- Methodical approach to the interpretation of customer requirements.
- Hold a current full driving licence (UK or be able to easily convert to full UK)
- Must be willing to go for a basic disclosure Scotland check.
- Experience Transmission network substations
- Site Installation and Commissioning experience of substation control systems.
- Experienced in
- the GE or Pacis and/or DS Agile Control System
- Or ABB Control Systems
- Or Siemens Control Systems
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Be flexible in their methods of working.