Nuclear Business Development Engineer
Job Reference: N-2021-08
Stone | Nuclear | Full-time | Permanent or Contract
Summary of Role:
With a focus on operational technology and digital transformation, Capula, part of the EDF Group, has been a leader in advanced system integration for decades; optimising efficiency & delivering performance on a massive scale. But with continuous innovation at the heart of our business, we’ve always got our sights set on the future. We work in some of the most highly regulated and challenging industrial environments, and have delivered critical projects across energy, water, renewables and manufacturing.
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic, and experienced engineer to join our proposal team. Day-to-day activities of the Bid Support function depends on the specific sales opportunities and their lifecycle. This includes providing the bid lead role or liaising with the bid lead, business head on the opportunity. This will include sales strategy; completing pre-qualification or proposal documentation; identifying and detailing solutions to address client needs; preparing cost estimate information; and answering client questions. In addition, knowledge/experience of instrumentation systems, electrical engineering, and different PLC/SCADA technology architectures together with design, implementation, testing, site installation and commissioning of these systems is desirable. The ability to interpret the client’s requirements, produce subcontract specification requirements and identifying suitable subcontract suppliers when required would be useful. A reasonable amount of travel to customer or supplier sites is expected, either attending with the relevant sales lead, other BDEs or on your own.
A successful candidate shall be technically knowledgeable and experienced from a software, hardware or instrumentation background in a solution delivery or sales environment.
- Working with the Business Development Managers (BDMs) to provide technical support, system architectures, cost estimates, etc and ensuring compliance to internal bid governance rules and procedures.
- Support the BDMs through meetings with our clients to understand their needs and demonstrate market/technical expertise as part of a bid process.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with technology providers to understand the latest technologies and to ensure compliant deliverable solutions are developed.
- Carry out surveys on client sites as required to identify scope, scale, implementation philosophies, etc
- Produce subcontract specifications, in liaison with procurement, for providers to quote against and reviewing their tender returns for compliance and value.
- Produce detailed proposal documents that are well structured, contain the main selling messages and differentiators that give Capula the edge over our competitors.
- Potential involvement in research and development activities related to specific propositions and solutions. This also includes maintaining strong relationships with Alliance partners.
- Liaising with 3rd party suppliers, producing Subcon specifications for them to quote against and reviewing their tender returns for compliance and value.
- A Software, Hardware or instrumentation background with a good understanding of the engineering processes used in the development and execution of successful solutions.
- A natural curiosity to learn new technologies and solutions.
- Experience in effective time management to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to achieve security clearance to at least SC level.
- Ideally, but not essentially with a knowledge of HVAC or fire detection systems
- Capable of working on own initiative.
- Good communications skills.
- Have a naturally positive can do attitude to solving client solution issues.
- Target oriented – understands targets and demonstrate a structured approach on how to achieve them.
- 25+ days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance(4x annual salary)
- Private healthcare
- Lifestyle screening
- Salary sacrifice schemes
- Employee assistance mental wellbeing programme
- Employee discount at 100’s of UK retailers