To express an interest in this position, e-mail email@example.com with a cover letter and CV, quoting the job reference number.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We are currently working with only our preferred suppliers.
Capula is part of the Imtech Group and a leading advanced automation and real-time business intelligence company specialising in Automation, Control and IT Solutions and Services with major customers in the Nuclear, Energy & Infrastructure and Transmission & Distribution markets. The Company is renowned for its innovation, technical excellence, and project delivery, quality and safety
Summary of Role:
The Planner will lead the provision of support to the project management team for the: planning, control, coordination and performance reporting of customer projects. Support will be across a range of varied activities, including creation of cost and resource loaded plans, resource / work allocation, risk analysis, coordination of supply chain and logistics, collation of pre-requisite work packs, performance analysis and production of post work documentation. The role could involve some travel to customer sites and periods of working away on site. Project planning experience of software development and control systems lifecycle would be an advantage but not essential.
- Support the Operations Manager to develop best in class project controls, tools and reports
- Lead the planning team to work with Project Managers to produce and maintain detailed project plans and resource allocation plans using Primavera P6.
- Maintaining and developing project implementation databases (using MS Access), maintaining relevant paper records, H&S information and compliance information.
- Coordination and liaison with internal and external (customers and suppliers) stakeholders supply chain for provision of services to the agreed plan / work schedule
- Reporting progress, performance, resource utilisation and commercial information to the Project Management team and consolidated Sector performance to the Operations Manager.
- Provide coaching and support to develop other team members in planning and particularly the use of the P6 planning tool.
- Good skills/experience of Project Planning tools especially Primavera P6
- NEC3/4 Experience Working for main contractor and experience of using CEMAR.
- Excellent organisational, communications and analytical skills.
- Experience of compensation events and delay analysis
- Good skills/experience in implementing project controls to drive business performance
- Comfortable with working in an IT or control system environment
- Good skills/experience in risk management techniques
- Good financial and commercial acumen
- Experience of work planning / work allocation /generating S curves / cost planning and reporting
- Earned Value Analysis techniques
- Experience of material procurement, supply chain and logistics
- Experience of consolidated project reporting and control
- Experience of resource management using project planning tools such as MS Project and Primavera P6
Personal Qualities (essential):
- Motivated self-starter with a keen eye for detail.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Able to work through setbacks and develop different solution options.
- Good understanding of technical terminology and logical approach
- Must be able to work under pressure, to strict deadlines, sometimes juggling multiple demands
- Willingness to drive continuous improvement and share best practice.
- Ability to gain SC clearance