To express an interest in this position, e-mail email@example.com with a cover letter and CV, quoting the job reference number.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We are currently working with only our preferred suppliers.
Job Title: PLC Engineer
Location: Stone, Staffs
Capula is a leading advanced automation and real-time business intelligence company specialising in Automation and Control and IT Solutions and Services. Supporting major customers in the Nuclear, Energy & Infrastructure and Transmission & Distribution markets, Capula is renowned for its innovation, technical excellence, high quality and safety standards, and project delivery.
Summary of main purpose of the job:
The design and implementation of PLC Control Systems and related software / hardware engineering activities for a variety of industrial control system applications. Candidates should have proven experience in mainstream PLC Systems, in particular Schneider M340 PLC.
- Development of PLC/SCADA system design and options from customer requirements
- Provide design input to development of system wide generics
- PLC/SCADA programming of control systems from given designs
- Proven experience throughout whole software/systems lifecycle, from design through coding to testing, installation and configuration, and documentation (working throughout to full QA procedures)
- Working within project team to customer deadlines
- Installation and configuration/testing work at customer sites
- Engineering / Computer related or appropriate engineering qualification (degree/HND) or comparable industrial experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience expectation to fulfil requirements of this post.
- Good client facing skills, must be able to work as part of combined client/contractor team
- Extensive knowledge of PLC system design lifecycle
- Proven experience in mainstream PLC Systems, especially Schneider and in particular Schneider M340
- Willingness to travel and work away when required
- Driving licence
- Demonstrable supervision / Mentoring skills
- Network architecture design
Candidates should possess the following personal qualities:
- Confident and capable and able to work under own initiative
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Used to working within a Quality Management System with the associated level of detail/accuracy
- Have good communication skills
- Awareness of commercial implications of the role and identifying and managing change
- Be flexible in working methods