PLC/SCADA Engineer - Stone
To express an interest in this position, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and CV, quoting the job reference number.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We are currently working with only our preferred suppliers.
Capula, part of Imtech UK, is a leading advanced automation and real-time business intelligence company specialising in Automation, Control and IT Solutions and Services with major customers in the Nuclear, Power Generation, Utilities and Oil & Gas markets. The Company is renowned for its innovation, technical excellence, project delivery, quality and safety.
Summary of Role:
The design and implementation of PLC Control Systems and related software engineering activities for a variety of industrial control system applications. The candidate should have proven experience in mainstream PLC, SCADA and telemetry Systems ideally Schneider Quantum/M580 with Unity, Rockwell Contrologix. Misubishi or similar, Wonderware, Panorama, Win CC or Factory Talk SCADAs and knowledge of VB and access. This role is predominantly at our office in Stone, Staffordshire, but will require periods of working at our customers sites in the UK.
- Development of PLC &/or SCADA system design and options from customer requirements
- PLC programming of control systems and configuration of SCADA from developed or given designs
- Involvement throughout whole software/systems lifecycle, from design through coding to testing, installation and configuration, and documentation (working throughout to full QA procedures) specifically production of FDS, DDS and Test Specifications
- Working within project team to customer deadlines
- Installation and configuration/testing work at customer sites
- Engineering / Computer related or appropriate engineering qualification (degree/HND) or comparable industrial experience
- Minimum 5 years experience expectation to fulfil requirements of this post.
- Good client facing skills, must be able to work as part of combined client/contractor team
- Knowledge of project lifecycle
- Experience of producing FDS, DDS and Test Specifications
- PLC system design, coding, testing and commissioning
- SCADA System Design, configuration and Commissioning
- Willingness to travel and work away when required
- Driving licence
- Experience of at least 1 PLC and SCADA platform described above
- Development and integration of software into Thermal Power generation processes, industrial processes Water and waste water treatment plants and associated processes
- Confident and capable and able to work under own initiative and within a team environment
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Have good communication skills
- Be flexible in working methods