Repairs Technician (Electrical)
Job Reference: S-2020-03
Stone | Service & Support | Full-time | Permanent
Capula, part of the Imtech UK, is a leading advanced automation and real-time business intelligence company specialising in Automation, Control and IT Solutions and Services with major customers in the Nuclear, Power Generation, Utilities and Oil & Gas markets. The Company is renowned for its innovation, technical excellence, and project delivery, quality and safety.
Summary of Role:
To join our existing small team in troubleshooting, testing, repairing and assembling electronic circuit boards and electro-mechanical components. The key activities will involve working on a mix of new and older technologies, dependent upon customer, but including:
- Fault-finding to board level on technically advanced systems from global suppliers, including industrialised PC’s and associated peripherals
- Modifications & upgrades to systems under support, sometimes at component level
- Component level fault finding and repair of the Company’s own hardware products, including surface mount and older TTL/CMOS technologies
The role is primarily office-based but will require occasional sitework. The person must therefore be comfortable in a customer facing position and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Will have worked within an ISO 9001 compliant quality system
- Will be proficient in the use of electronic multi-meters, meggers and other test equipment
- Able to read and interpret circuit diagrams, general assembly prints and parts lists
- Able to understand and implement test procedures and instructions
- Able to maintain test documentation and reports
- Current driving licence
- Willingness and ability to attend at customer sites to witness equipment tests and conduct on-site fault diagnosis and repairs.
- Applicants should possess a nationally recognised technical qualification in an Electrical/Electronic discipline, e.g. HNC/HND or a modern apprenticeship or similar, and have strong practical skills gained through experience.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Have good communication skills
- Be flexible in their methods of working