S7 Senior Systems Engineer
To express an interest in this position, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and CV, quoting the job reference number.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We are currently working with only our preferred suppliers.
Capula is part of the Imtech Group and a leading advanced automation and real-time business intelligence company specialising in Automation, Control and IT Solutions and Services with major customers in the Nuclear, Energy & Infrastructure and Transmission & Distribution markets. The Company is renowned for its innovation, technical excellence, and project delivery, quality and safety.
Summary of main purpose of the job:
The design, implementation and commissioning of S7 based Control Systems and related software engineering activities for a variety of industrial control system applications predominantly in the Nuclear industry. The candidate should have proven experience in S7 Systems, ideally supported by Siemens certification/training. This role is based at our office in Stone, Staffordshire, but there may be some periods of working at our customer’s sites in the UK currently.
- Development of control system design and options from customer requirements
- Provide design input to development of system wide generics
- S7 programming of control systems (within TIA Portal) from given designs
- Involvement throughout whole software/systems lifecycle, from design through coding to testing, installation and configuration, and documentation (working throughout to full QA procedures)
- Working within project team to customer deadlines
- Installation and configuration/testing work at customer sites
- In depth knowledge of S7 system design (TIA Portal & S7-1500 PLCs)
- Knowledge of Profibus DP/Profinet networks
- Engineering / Computer related or appropriate engineering qualification (degree/HND) or comparable industrial experience
- Must have significant experience of working in the Nuclear Industry
- Must be SC cleared
- Minimum 5 years’ experience to fulfil requirements of this post.
- Good client facing skills, must be able to work as part of combined client/contractor team
- Willingness to travel and work away when required
- Driving licence
- IEC61131 PLC Coding Standards.
- IEC61508 Safety Systems
- Integration of the Multi-PLC systems
- Commissioning experience with S7 systems
- Experience of working in the Power Generation Industry.
Candidates should possess the following personal qualities:
- Confident and capable and able to work under own initiative
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Have good communication skills
- Be flexible in working methods