Sales and Marketing Director
Job Reference: C-2021-04
Stone | Central| Full-time | Permanent
Capula is part of EDF a leading advanced automation and real-time business intelligence company specialising in Automation, Control and IT Solutions and Services with major customers in the Nuclear, Energy & Infrastructure and Transmission & Distribution markets. The Company is renowned for its innovation, technical excellence, and project delivery, quality and safety
Key Purpose of the Role:
- Accountable for leading Sales and business development in the Capula market segments Power, Renewables, Nuclear and Process Industries achieving agreed sales targets for new customers and new business, sales targets for organic growth and maximising the gross margin.
- Support the business by representing Capula Limited in their business area, developing and owning (as appropriate and agreed) specific customer relationships and building on Capula’s expertise and proven market reputation.
- Develop a growth strategy which clearly identifies available industry streams, market segments, value- based propositions and customers.
- Develop a sales pipeline for the particular market sectors that sets out the opportunities in detail and provides the business leaders with the information necessary to make decisions.
- Ensures the growth strategy and sales plan is sufficiently balanced between ambitious but achievable and that identifies business opportunities from new customers and organic growth from current customers.
- Work collaboratively with all departments, particularly Business Development and Finance, to develop effective matrix management working, embedding effective governance of bids, resource and risk management, and leveraging best practices.
- Align and lead the Capula Digital solutions with market and customer requirements and broaden the scope within our existing client and win new clients with a consultancy-based approach
- Lead the Marketing team and harmonise the key marketing activities with the growth requirements of Capula, and the EDF and Imtech group companies
- Lead the R&D programme to support the development of the market requirements of our customers and to enable the development of standardised solutions
The Sales and Marketing Director will be accountable for:
Strategy and Plans
- Developing and deploying the Sales growth pipeline.
- Identifying business opportunities within their business area to meet the future growth aspirations of the business and the annual budget.
- Conducting regular reviews of their area of responsibility, monitoring and taking action to ensure their area continues to deliver on its strategy and plans.
Customer and Markets
- Representing Capula Limited in the development of relationships with key customers, potential customers, partners and stakeholders to anticipate and meet customer’s existing and future needs and enhance the reputation of Capula Limited.
- Developing strategies to anticipate changes in the key markets, customer requirements and competitors, changing the strategy and priorities to maintain competitive advantage.
- Ensuring that during contract negotiation Capula is able to meet, or where possible exceed, the expectations of the customer and deliver a level of service during contract delivery that leads to Capula being seen as a partner of choice.
- Leading the customer relationship management so that it fosters the development of long-term partnering relationships.
- Providing performance data to feed into Business Development KPI’s.
- Leveraging services or resources from across the business/group to drive best practice and innovation.
- Working with and supporting as necessary the other Business Development Managers to share resources and best practice.
Organisation and People
- Provide guidance to the Capula board within for area of responsibility to ensure appropriate technical competence and compliance with the appropriate regulations, applicable contractual clauses and customer requirements is met.
- Identifying any competency gap during contract discussions and then ensuring suitable training provision is in place to meet the customer need and support employee development.
- Creates an open culture which encourages open and honest two-way communication at all levels.
Growth and Financials
- For their area of responsibility develop and manage a sustainable growth pipeline to ensure that profitable growth targets are achieved, taking full account of the Capula strategy, target markets and competitors’ capabilities.
- Critically evaluating new business opportunities and ensure bids are executed to a high standard and resourced appropriately and resources optimised.
- Compiling and managing the annual sales budget for their area of responsibility.
- Monitor all performance statistics, promptly and pro-actively addressing any failures or areas of concern and ensure timely submission of required performance reports.
- Personally, seek opportunities to improve both the ‘what’ and ‘how’ in service delivery.
Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Problem resolution and decision making within their area ensuring appropriate and effective utilisation of internal business partners and resources.
- Problem resolution will be broad, spanning service issues; customer/supplier/stakeholder communications; responding to unforeseen or anticipated changes in customer demands; improving efficiency etc.
- Through the effective collation of information such as on Salesforce, they will be able to analyse accurately and in a timely manner how their business is performing; where change is required; and what interventions are necessary.
- Using information and analysis of others as well as their own analysis to create trust and confidence from the Director of Strategic Projects that they are in control of both the short term and longer- term delivery of the business goals/objectives.
To be advised