Security Systems Commissioning Manager
Job Reference: N-2021-05
Stone | Nuclear | Full-time | Permanent
Capula is part of the Imtech Group and a leading advanced automation and real-time business intelligence company specialising in Automation, Control and IT Solutions and Services with major customers in the Nuclear, Energy & Infrastructure and Transmission & Distribution markets. The Company is renowned for its innovation, technical excellence, and project delivery, quality, and safety.
Summary of main purpose of the job:
The main purpose of the job is leading a site-based team in the installation and commissioning of site access and security systems. This could involve involvement in design, build, testing, implementation and commissioning of Control Systems and related software engineering activities for a variety of industrial control system applications predominantly in the Nuclear industry. The candidate should have proven experience in CCTV systems, perimeter Intrusion detection, access control and security lighting, ideally supported by relevant certification and training. This role will be predominantly based at customer sites within the UK, but will also spend time working in our office in Stone, Staffordshire.
- Leading commissioning of CCTV systems, perimeter intrusion detection, access control and security lighting systems at customers sites within the nuclear industry.
- Produce the commissioning plans, describing the commissioning organisation and testing including commissioning team organisation, commissioning procedures required, operator and maintainer staff training, and documentation requirements along with all related testing, verification, acceptance, and quality control procedures.
- Manage commissioning through the organisation of meetings, testing, demonstrations, training events, and performance verifications described in the contract documents and approved commissioning procedures.
- Always ensuring that commissioning activities are conducted in a controlled and safe manner.
- Ensure that changes and updates to the certified design and contracts are correctly and adequately managed within the Commissioning Programme, Plans and Procedures in a logical and appropriate manner and appropriate records are generated and maintained.
- Hold progress / reporting / coordination meetings, which could be daily or weekly during commissioning phases as appropriate to the subjects under discussion.
- Involvement in the development of control system design and options from customer requirements.
- Provide design input to development of system wide generics.
- Involvement throughout whole software/systems lifecycle, from design through coding to testing (FAT), installation and configuration, and documentation (working throughout to full QA procedures).
- Working within project team to customer deadlines.
- Installation and configuration/testing work at customer sites.
- Holds an appropriate qualification in a relevant discipline normally accompanied by 15 years’ experience in a commissioning environment.
- Has a proven track record of managing commissioning arrangements. Can lead a multi-discipline team to safely execute the commissioning.
- Has experience producing and reviewing FAT and SAT specification and requirements tracking documents such as VVRM’s.
- Has experience passing a commissioning manager SQEP questionnaire and an interview by clients representatives.
- Has excellent awareness of Health and Safety Legislation.
- Ability to Chair a Test and Commissioning Panel.
- Communicates effectively with Stakeholders including Facility personnel, vendors and sub-contractors.
- Capable of assignment to one or multiple projects.
- Qualified to undertake live testing up to 230Vac and previous experience.
- Can produce training documentation and training to both customer operators and maintainers.
- In depth knowledge of Analogue CCTV systems, Meyertech video switching technology, and Geutebruck video recording.
- In depth knowledge of CCTV and Networks.
- Knowledge of Card access control systems would be an advantage.
- Engineering / Computer related or appropriate engineering qualification (degree/HND) or comparable industrial experience.
- Must have significant experience of working in the Nuclear Industry and be able to obtain SC clearance.
- Good client facing skills, must be able to work as part of combined client/contractor team.
- Willingness to travel and work away when required.
- Full driving licence.
- Experience with analogue CCTV and security systems.
- Experience in the management of sub-contractors.
- Site qualifications such as CTIB Safety and Team Leader Passports and SMSDS.
- Experience of working in the Power Generation Industry.
- Fully aware of the requirements set out in OP-851 and work instructions (WI`s) associated with the AWE Commissioning procedures.
Candidates should possess the following personal qualities:
- Confident and capable and able to work under own initiative.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines.
- Have good communication skills.
- Be flexible in working methods.