Senior IT Engineer
Job Reference: C-2021-01
Stone | Transmission & Distribution | Full-time | Permanent
Capula, part of Imtech UK, is a leading advanced automation and real-time business intelligence company specialising in Automation, Control, and IT Solutions and Services, with major customers in the Nuclear, Power Generation, Utilities, and Oil & Gas markets. The Company is renowned for its innovation, technical excellence, project delivery, quality, and health & safety.
The role requires an experienced level-three IT professional to work as part of a small dedicated team servicing over 300 staff, currently working on the following technologies:
- Microsoft Windows Server, SharePoint, Office 365, VMWare;
- Dell servers and laptops. Including Dell Compellent Storage;
- Clients using Microsoft Windows 10. Microsoft Office, Visio, Project, and AutoCAD;
- Sophos Endpoint Security. FortiGate Firewalls & VPN;
- Veeam Backup & Recovery;
- HP Network Switches, Kyocera Printers.
- Managing, maintaining, and improving the existing IT systems as part of a team;
- Provide excellent communication to employees and the team;
- The ability to be friendly and accommodating when engaging with staff;
- Follow all defined policies and procedures;
- Assisting with the implementation of new key technologies;
- Providing technical advice on leading business technologies.
- Computer related qualification to degree or equivalent, or comparable industry experience;
- Excellent working understanding of networking tools and switch configurations;
- Experience in maintaining Windows Active Directory environments;
- Good Experience with VMWare vSphere, Hyper-V, and other virtualisation technologies;
- Implementation and management of antivirus and security applications;
- Microsoft Windows Server, and related technologies.
- Confident and capable and able to work under own initiative;
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines;
- Used to working within defined procedures with the associated level of detail;
- Have excellent communication skills.