To express an interest in this position, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and CV, quoting the job reference number.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We are currently working with only our preferred suppliers.
Summary of Role:
Due to increasing demand Capula are seeking an additional experienced Site Manager with a sound Electrical Engineering background to work between our Stone headquarters and client’s sites. The successful candidate will be based at our Stone Office. Responsible for all site related aspects of delivering Nuclear projects Safely to cost, time and quality specifications, the successful candidate will be qualified as described below and ideally will have recent relevant experience.
- Managing the installation and customer acceptance of Control System projects in Capula’s Nuclear Business in accordance with Nuclear licensed site safety standards and local site work practices
- People-management responsibility for leading and motivating a subset of the project team of software and hardware engineers (typically 1 to 5+) during the site installation and commissioning phases of the project
- Control and management of installation sub-contractors (typically cable installation and minor electrical/mechanical works)
- Hold regular report and progress meetings with clients including production of related minutes
- Liaise with Capula’s Health and Safety Manager regarding all aspects of welfare on site
- Ensuring through close liaison with the Project Management that sufficient resources are planned for site work to enable delivery to cost, budget and quality
- Available to assist with Electrical Installation/Test/Commissioning activities
- Able to interpret customer requirements, undertake site surveys and produce electrical drawings/installation specification
- Undertake Risk Assessments and produce Method Statements, Create / input into project safety health and environmental plans.
- To have successfully completed Client Contractors National Safety Group Safety Passport Supervisor training
- To have successfully completed specific health and safety awareness training delivered by recognised training provider (IOSH, CITB, RoSPA, BSC etc), e.g. manual handling, (preferred qualified to minimum of Appointed Person), lifting operations (banksman/slinger), working at height, CDM, confined spaces etc.
- First Aid at Work Certificate
- To have successfully completed CDM Training relevant to specific site responsibilities
- Demonstrable experience of delivering Nuclear solutions on site with a track record of success – on time, to specification and on budget within a commercial environment
- Strong and practical safety ethos
- Must be prepared to travel and work away at customer sites
- Full UK driving licence.
- Educated to at least HND level or higher with additional relevant experience
- IOSH SMSTS certificate
- To have successfully completed Construction Industry Training Board Construction Skills Site Managers Safety Training Scheme course (5days) or equivalent
- To have commenced National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) National Construction
- Able to fault find on electrical circuits
- AutoCAD experience
- Trained in Temporary Works Coordination / Supervision
- Previous experience of working on Nuclear Licensed sites, especially if held previous Competent or Nominated supervisor roles
- Suitable to gain Security Clearance
- Articulate and have good communication skills
- Strong leadership skills including team management
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Strong and decisive in managing subcontractors
- Attention to detail with a good safety ethos
- Good verbal and written communication skills