To express an interest in this position, e-mail email@example.com with a cover letter and CV, quoting the job reference number.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We are currently working with only our preferred suppliers.
Summary of the Role:
Capula, part of the Imtech UK, is a leading advanced automation and real-time business intelligence company specialising in Automation, Control and IT Solutions and Services with major customers in the Nuclear, Power Generation, Utilities and Oil & Gas markets. The Company is renowned for its innovation, technical excellence, and project delivery, quality and safety.
We currently have a requirement for Software Engineer within the Transmission & Distribution sector.
The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of the systems development lifecycle: specification, design, programming, testing, installation and commissioning. This will range from configuring multiple instances of existing solutions to developing new solutions for clients from a list of basic requirements. This will include database configuration, coding, application engineering, hardware interface, system testing and commissioning. This would include client visits for meetings & surveys and possible overseas travel for training courses and partner integrations.
- Good knowledge of databases
- Has a good understanding of SCADA/HMIs and control systems
- Experienced coder in any of the following C++, C#, JAVA, VB
- Ability to learn how to configure & navigate new products with manuals and on-line support
- The ability to research ideas/products to identify suitability for a solution
- Can successfully complete all assigned tasks to plan and in line with company procedures and standards.
- A team player who has drive and tenacity with a willingness to learn
- Can communicate confidently and effectively with colleagues and customers
- Always follows good health & safety practices within Capula and customer sites