Job Reference: OI-2021-02
Edinburgh, Gloucester or Stone | Operational Intelligence | Full-time | Permanent
Capula is a leading advanced automation and real-time business intelligence company specialising in Automation, Control and IT Solutions and Services with major customers in the Nuclear, Power Generation, Utilities and Oil & Gas markets. The Company is renowned for its innovation, technical excellence, project delivery, quality and safety.
We have recently launched Opus, our Industrial IoT solution for Building Performance, Energy Management, Network Visibility, Situational Awareness and Predictive Analytics.
Summary of the Role:
This role is for a Software Engineer to become a member of our dynamic Operational Intelligence team in developing solutions for our mainly blue chip clients working on Opus solutions.
We currently have a vacancy for a Software Engineer with a minimum of 3 years’ experience. The successful candidate will be joining a team engaged upon market-leading software development for business-critical IT applications.
The role involves the requirements gathering, design, building, testing, documentation and commissioning of IT projects. Experience with platform solutions such as Thingworx, OSIsoft PI or other Real Time Data Historian is ideal. Knowledge of languages such as C#, C++, ASP/MVC and the .Net environment or similar, will provide an excellent foundation for learning to use customer specific software tools. Other languages and toolsets such as those listed are also regularly deployed for additional work on plug-ins, interfaces, etc.
- Degree in Computing or Science related subject which have a significant element of computer programming
- Object Orientated Programming (OOP) – required understanding for data modelling (UML).
- Problem solving skills – Identifying issues, exploring alternative solutions, choosing the best solution, implementing solution.
- Working experience in C#, C++, ASP/MVC, .Net or equivalent
- Agile experience – Fast-paced work, stand-up meeting, refining the backlog, KANBAN boards
- Ability to learn new and emerging technologies
- UK driving licence
- Cloud experience (AWS/Azure)
- HTML5/CSS3 – Styling applications.
- UX/UI design – Understanding the UI requirements and the user experience.
- RESTful APIs
- Working knowledge of databases (RDBMS/NoSQL/Time series).
- Use of source control and branching –Git repositories
- Practical experience with Thingworx IoT platform
- Confident and capable, able to work under own initiative or as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain focus on next delivery/drop.
- Work as part of a geographically dispersed team – communication and interaction.
- Investigating and solving compatibility problems.
- Customer interactions – Face to face, over the phone, on a skype call. Collaboration with a customer to gathering requirement/build mock ups.
- Have good communication skills.
- Be flexible in working methods.
- Good verbal and written communication skills