To express an interest in this position, e-mail email@example.com with a cover letter and CV, quoting the job reference number.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We are currently working with only our preferred suppliers.
Summary of the Role:
This role is for a software tester to form part of our dynamic product development team for a leading energy solution based on our IoT platform OPUS. The right candidate will have proven and demonstrable knowledge of working as part of cross functional scrum team(s) in a software testing capacity. The candidate will also have knowledge about creating and carrying out system and functional testing as well as automation testing to ensure our product releases are fully compliant with our quality procedures and processes prior to formal deployment.
Overall responsibilities will include:
- Helping to define test strategies and preparing testing approaches for our software solutions
- Align software test activities to meet scrum and product release demands
- Use exploratory and functional testing approaches to ensure quality of system and integration testing
- Use of best of breed automation tools to achieve repeatable regression and non-functional testing
- Where necessary work with QA engineers to ensure any hardware to software interfaces are tested and validated
- Review user stories and identify additional conditions of acceptance for testing criteria to ensure developers take in to account all quality aspects of user stories.
- Participate in scrum team discussions on product design and presenting test results to the engineering team and management
- Where necessary, engage with our client testers in a positive and collaborative manner
- Proven experience of working in a software testing environment, using and developing automated test routines through tools such as Selenium, JMeter, PostMan, SoapUI, Micro Focus UFT, etc.
- Problem solving skills – Identifying issues, exploring alternative solutions and providing the right level of support to the development team
- Good organisational skills and comfortable working against challenging timescales
- Knowledge of Restful and service based testing
- Working knowledge of databases (RDBMS/NoSQL/Time series).
- Ability to learn new and emerging technologies
- UK driving licence
- PTC Thingworx experience
- Existing IoT/IIoT or Edge computing knowledge
- Knowledge of SaaS vs On-Premise deployments
- Confident and capable, able to work under own initiative or as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain focus on next delivery/drop.
- Investigating and solving compatibility problems.
- Customer interactions – Face to face, over the phone, on a skype call.
- Have good communication skills and be prepared to challenge customer expectations
- Be flexible in working methods.