System Test Engineer
To express an interest in this position, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and CV, quoting the job reference number.
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We are currently working with only our preferred suppliers.
Capula is a leading advanced automation and real-time business intelligence company specialising in Automation, Control and IT Solutions and Services with major customers in the Nuclear, Power Generation, Utilities and Oil & Gas markets. The Company is renowned for its innovation, technical excellence, project delivery, quality and safety.
We have recently launched Opus, our Industrial IoT solution for Building Performance, Energy Management, Network Visibility, Situational Awareness and Predictive Analytics.
Summary of the Role:
This role is for a senior automation test engineer to form part of our dynamic product development team for a leading energy solution based on our IoT platform OPUS. The right candidate will have proven experience and demonstrable knowledge of working in a product testing environment developing scripts and automated test routines to ensure our product releases are fully compliant with our quality procedures and processes prior to formal deployment.
Overall responsibilities will include:
- Defining test strategies and preparing test plans for our OPUS platform
- Align software test activities to meet our product development schedules using best practices and tools
- Plan, develop, coordinate and perform testing for each product minor and major release in alignment with other product verification and validation activities
- Testing, automating and maintaining manual and automated regression suites
- Participate in product team discussions on product design and presenting test results to the engineering team and management
- Engaging with our client testers in a positive and collaborative manner
- Degree in Computing or Science related subject
- Proven experience of working in a software testing environment using and development automated test routines
- Problem solving skills – Identifying issues, exploring alternative solutions and providing the right level of support to the development team
- Good organisation skills and comfortable working against challenging timescales
- Working experience in C#, C++, ASP/MVC, .Net or equivalent
- Ability to learn new and emerging technologies
- UK driving licence
- HTML5/CSS3 – Styling applications.
- Working knowledge of databases (RDBMS/NoSQL/Time series).
- Confident and capable, able to work under own initiative or as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain focus on next delivery/drop.
- Investigating and solving compatibility problems.
- Customer interactions – Face to face, over the phone, on a skype call.
- Have good communication skills.
- Be flexible in working methods.